Sunday, September 30, 2012

Halloween Decor-Theme Day Thursday


I did it, I finally did it! I bought the Happy Hauntings Cricut Cartridge last year for the 3D mansion..and had yet to make it until this week! I am so excited..it was complicated but so worth it! My son really wanted it to go along with the haunted house I made previously so so we could decorate the kitchen table and then he can play with it!
I used the thickest cardstock I had available and went to work..

I started with the first cut with the "Fit to Page" function button pushed on my Cricut..it cut at 7 1/2" So I continued with the rest of the cuts at the same size.
Now, to learn from my mistakes..be sure to keep the correct side facing outwards! As I folded the roof and attached the fence and windows, I went to placeit on top and realized I had flipped it and then it  wouldnt fit! AHHH!! LOL
It turned out so cute! I think I am going to allow my son to add this to his haunted town collection and I will make another. But this time I am going to omit all of the yellow behind the windows and place a battery operated tea light inside. I cannot wait to try it!
I hope you enjoyed my project today!
Make sure to check out the other Design Team members Halloween Decor or party goods at http://mycricutcraftroom.com




1 comment: