Thursday, July 26, 2012

Theme Thursday "Sleep Over"


Yay! It's Theme Day Thursday! And this is my design team post  for My Cricut Craft Room!
This week I created a card for the theme...
"SLEEP OVER"

We decided to make a card thanking a friend for coming over for their first "official" sleep over.
It was a first for our son and his friend, and they were so excited!
So I whipped up a framed card to hold a picture that I took of them during the sleep over.


I used the Wild Card cartridge to make the frame, the Mini Monsters Cartridge for the adorable spooky monster and Plantin Schoolbook for the lettering. I also used googly eyes to finish the monster and to add a lil dimension to the card.
 Who doesnt love googly eyes?!!
It does open up to write a sentiment in it, but I decided I was going to let Gavin write that, to add a personal touch from him to Ian. And by making it a card that opens from the bottom, it allows it to stand for display! I do love functionality!

I hope you enjoyed my project this week!
Please go to my cricutcraftroom.blogspot.com to check out more fun stuff from the Design Team!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun framed photo card. Love the googly eyes.
    :O)
    Jessica
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute!
    Miranda :)
    MCCR DT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute occasions for a card and such an adorable card at that! The boys sure are cuties too!
    Teresa K
    MCCR DT lead

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW STINKING CUTE IS THIS???? My little guy just had his first sleep over as well! I took TONS of pics of coarse! I will have to your use inspiration to create a super cute frame for the pics!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica-DT sister
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete