Monday, August 6, 2012

CCR Cartridge..ZOMBIES!!



YAY! Its Monday! BAHAHHA! Who really says that?
Today I made an awesome project using the CCR Exclusive cartridge  ZOMBIES!
I happen to have a couple of boys that have their whole plan of what to do if there is a zombie take-over! So I decided that they needed a place to write their plan and keep it safe for the future..(and so I can put it in their keepsake box later in life ;)) I took a plain composition book and a couple of elements from the cartridge..


..how cute are these!?!!
I then cut them out of thin cardboard..and with a little magic...

I came up with this! I used a tutorial I found at http://davelowe.blogspot.com to help me with all of the basic elements.

The look and feel of this notebook is really cool, and to think it is just a Viva paper towel!

I painted the whole thing black then went over it some of the elements with green or gray to make them "POP".


My kids love it! Looks like this mom will be making lots of comp books for the boys' and their friends this year for school!

I hope you enjoyed my project today! Be sure to check out more awesome projects from my Design team sisters at http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com

8 comments:

  1. This is SO cool!!! Amazing effect! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is awesome, gotta go and check out that link.
    Ava DT Sister, MCCR
    http://scrapbookdesign4u.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. so neat. Love the look and will be checking out the tutorial soon to try this.
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! so COOL you are the most awesome-est mom ever, that is so totally wicked!
    TFS!
    ClaireR

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AMAZING! I am off to check out that tutorial! Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is fabulous. So much fun detail in the overlay. Isn't it funny that our children have a Zombie attack plan prepared. LOL
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my--this is amazing! I definitely have to check out that tutorial! Thanks for the inspiration! Great job!
    TeacherMom
    gaudet5 at Rogers dot com

    ReplyDelete