Friday, August 10, 2012

Plaid Shirt Card and Turn Back Time Easel Card

It was a warm and beautiful day, I was relaxing outside without a care in the world, then I remembered something..OH NO!! Fathers Day is almost here! I have to make cards! AHHHH!!!
So I rush to my trusty pinspiration board and look for what  I had pinned just for this occasion! Ah, yes! A plaid shirt gift card holder for Bens dad..PERFECT!


Many grueling hours later this is the finished project. I decided to hand sew the stitching on the pocket and collar..they are not perfect but it adds character, right?!! LOL I then sewed opaque buttons to the card also just to finish off the look. Remember one thing if you are going to make this yourself..don't glue all the edges of the pocket down if you intend to use it as a pocket! UGH!! Sometimes I get ahead of myself and make mistakes..but they are happy mistakes! HAHAHA!!

Now..What to make my own dad?
The gift of time...

I started with stamping clocks randomly on and off the edges of the card, but then
I wanted to try something new..so I embossed with embossing powders and a heat gun! How fun!
I also added some of Tim Holtz's gears to bring more dimension to the card.


Then I Easeled it! BAM!
Now he can display his card and remember that he needs to make more time, for me! LOL

And of course he needed and envelope to match :)


(I learned that I should have experimented with the embossing powder before putting it on my project, but I like to live dangerously and jump head first!)

Hope you enjoyed my Fathers Day Cards  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment